[arm-allstar] PTT and COR on GPIO

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:56:01 EST 2018

I am not sure what you are referring to. We do not currently support Pi
GPIO or other than USB sound modules (FOB's). Sometime in the future a
channel driver update will probably allow this option but not now. We have
been around and around on this many times. The best way to do GPIO
(PTT/COS) is on the USB along with the audio. Having it split over on the
Pi GPIO really solves little as you still have to build up the interface
circuitry. If you can't solder two small leads onto the end pins of a
surface mount chip then you probably couldn't do that either. There are
also other downsides to playing with Pi GPIO. There are ample USB FOB
choices from modifying it yourself for less than $10 in parts to a DMK-URI
at $70 plus shipping with several other in between. We are also about to
make a FOB for sale and services are available to buy modified FOBS.