[arm-allstar] Registration

David david at kg5rdf.com
Wed Jul 11 19:08:39 EST 2018

Doug,
I would say no on the HUB internet having issue, but anything is possible. Let me just say its not provided by a internet company. I understand the bubble chart only being that. The HUB node was dropped out of the registration database and pinging verified that. I boot the node and with the DNS approach, it was up in a matter of mintues. No biggy. The issues have been across the state of texas, different nodes, and serveral different users. Some nodes never has seen an issue. Again no biggy. I did convert 6 repeater links to private nodes today. I have to work through two other repeater site accessibility and then will make the HUB a private node. No one will be looking at a bubble chart after that:) Time will then tell.
I am not complaining and we are vary much appreciate all the efforts. We donate to Allstarlink.org too. This allstar system saves us a lot of money for new site installation, allows us not to foreclose on our homes, and allows us continue to add RF repeater site to the system for NWS.
I did asked on another list who a good contact would be for Allstarlink.org. Thought they might want some error files to review. We run both node types. I fully understand this is a hobby and just that and everyone has been extremely helpful.
Thanks for the responce David

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Doug Crompton via arm-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Date: 7/11/18  6:06 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: ARM Allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Cc: Doug Crompton <wa3dsp at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Registration
David,

  The allstarlink.org status server has been flaky but as I have said many
times before your existence or lack thereof in the status server and the
ability of you to get a bubble map have nothing to do with whether your
node is actually working and connectible. If you can register and your node
returns its existence when doing a dns-query then you are most likely
operational. It seems people use the status server to indicate whether they
are operational and at least for now that might not be a good indicator.

While we know the servers are flaky at times you seems to be having many
more issues there than is normal even taking that into account. Do you have
Internet connectivity issues?