[arm-allstar] Use SuperMon outside of Local Network

Bryan St Clair bryan at k6cbr.us
Wed Jan 17 12:10:48 EST 2018

This is done via your router.

I suggest you configure a port (like 8182 or 8800 - pick something unused
in the 8000-8999 range.) that is unusual for accessing the supermon http
page.  Of course have a strong username and password setup for admin
access.

You will set the router to forward the desired port to your local node ip
port 80.

Config is like this: publicIP:8282 -> localIP:80

Example 1.2.3.4:8282 -> 192.168.1.3:80

Keep in mind, opening this access has the typical security risks. Allowing
someone to gain access to this page could be dangerous to your node and
network.  If desired further access restrictions could be added if
available on your router.

I have this setup for my node as well as it being linked to outside network
nodes (for on stopping management) it works perfectly. I picked random
ports for http access as well as a different port for allstar management.

Bryan
K6CBR