[arm-allstar] Baofeng Products

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Jan 10 16:28:50 EST 2018

Justin,

Speaking from my our experience, the audio quality of the 888 radios is
excellent---assuming the radios are on frequency and working properly. In
fact, they are so good that if I did an A/B test between a pair of 888
radios setup as a backyard repeater and my bench Kenwood TKR-850
repeater, I doubt you could tell difference!

The problem is that there are clones of clones of Baofengs now coming out
of China. For example, most of the 888 radios listed on ebay are not real
Baofengs.

73, David KB4FXC