[arm-allstar] Best way to access allstar via IPhone

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 21:09:37 EST 2018

Chris,

 If you just want voice then on an iphone I would suggest echolink. It
works surprising well on phones in general and is much easier to use than
zopier. For echolink you could setup your home Allstar to connect to from
your phone. Just remember the restriction of echolink that you can only
have one copy per public IP unless you use a proxy. If testing your iphone
with your fixed Allstar Echolink use a cell Internet connection on the
phone NOT your local wifi. There are also separate apps you can download
for ssh if you want to control your node. For Android, as I mentioned
before, I would recommend iaxrrpt.

Of course depending on your situation a portable node using your phone as a
hotspot is a good way to go. Many use this method mobile or if they go on
trips. Portable nodes can be quite small and with the dns code are
extremely responsive booting and connecting in seconds.