[arm-allstar] How difficult would it be to maybe add this feature to a future update to the audio archive feature?

Terry Bethlehem kd4ont at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 03:35:44 EST 2018

For me, I'd like a feature that creates a folder, on your external drive,
each day, with its contents. Say for example, at midnight, the pi creates a
folder named 20180105, and dumps all the audio files in it. When the next
day comes, it creates a new folder then dumps the files in the new folder.
I don't know how many people that actually use this feature, would really
like this or don't care. I archive all the files, to my pc, when my node is
offline for the day. I create folders with the date. I scroll through
thousands of files, for a single day, to move them to the appropriate date
folder I created on my pc. Automating this would be awesome for me. I don't
know how many agree with my suggestion. I also know you guys have other
things you're trying to improve and implement.

Any input is appreciated. I'm just wishing for a little bit of automated
housekeeping, instead of plowing through thousands of wav files, trying to
find what I'm looking for. I'm not a scripter yet.