[arm-allstar] config for split rx/tx

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 22:46:53 EST 2018

Dan,

 I just put a split site 6 meter repeater on the air about a month ago
using Allstar as the connection medium. The only difference is that BOTH
ends are setup as simplex and one end is defined as the RX and only gets
the COS and RX audio to the FOB and the other end defined as TX gets the TX
audio and PTT from the FOB.

I did it differently than Dave though setting duplex=0 on the RX end  and
on the TX end duplex=1. To the users this sounds like a typical simplex
Allstar node which they are use to. You have a choice either way works.

In my case I made both the TX and RX private nodes connected to each other
with static addressing in rpt.conf and then one end or the other connected
to my hub node. That way you can disconnect and still have a functioning
repeater minus connections to the outside Allstar world.