[arm-allstar] Re-installing Asterisk

Chuck Hurst cehurst at beeftech.com
Tue Feb 27 08:12:15 EST 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: arm-allstar [mailto:arm-allstar-bounces at hamvoip.org] On Behalf Of
"Doug Crompton via arm-allstar"
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 06:52 PM
To: ARM Allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org>
Cc: Doug Crompton <wa3dsp at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Re-installing Asterisk

Chuck,

 I am confused. You are using hamvoip V1.5 code downloaded from hamvoip.org
right?              Yes.

The setup is generally run on a hardwired ethernet connection. Do you have
the Pi plugged into your ethernet LAN.  Yes

 It should pick up an IP address at boot and then you should be able to
login ssh with putty using Windows to that IP and port 222. Is that what you
are doing?  No - all Chinese to me.
I can ping out with the HamVoip software using my PI3.  I can not use my PC
and ping my PI3 when it is in HamVoip.  I can ping my PI3 when it is in
Rasperian with my PC.

I think the  HamVoip copy I have has a DNS problem.  I am going over to a
friend (KL7UT) today to see if he can either fix it or give me a new copy on
my Micro SD card.

I really appreciate your help.  I will let you know how it all comes out

Thanks

Chuck    AA7WP

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 4:44 PM, "Chuck Hurst via arm-allstar" <
arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:

> Doug;
>
> It came back  "name or service not known".  I did a ping 4.2.2.2 and
> got continuous feedback.
> I have also re-installed my Rasperian and it got a wireless internet
> instantly.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chuck

Pi.