[arm-allstar] Node with/without radio

Chris Souleles csouleles at prodigy.net
Wed Feb 21 23:15:42 EST 2018

My node is UV 82 HP, RPI3 and DMK URI. Runs on 12V. I use it at home and I take it mobile. When mobile I run through an iPhone hotspot. I have a 7 inch HDMI display and a small USB cordless keyboard that connects to the RPI3. I don’t use the display and keyboard much. If you are going to operate away from the node then antenna height becomes a consideration. Remember that UHF is line of sight. The higher your antenna the longer the line of site will be (assuming local terrain doesn’t get in the way).

Sent from my iPhone