[arm-allstar] Radioless Node -- Current state of GPIO PTT?

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 22:24:32 EST 2018

Since you mentioned a radio-less node.....

Happy New Year and I can officially announce some new products that will be
available in the coming month from George, WB3DZZ. In addition to his
current "Yellow Box" nodes which have been very successful with hundreds
delivered he will be offering two FOBS and a radio-less node. All of these
products have been successfully tested and are now in production. FOB
delivery will start sometime in January 2019 and radio-less nodes shortly
after that.

The FOB's use the CM119B and have RF isolation on all radio and GPIO leads.
One FOB is strictly for radio use with the five common signals and the
other has all the GPIO like the DMK URI. Although no price has been set yet
they will sell for considerably less than the DMK URI and less than most
other FOB's currently out there. A photo of  the Full GPIO board is
attached. It is smaller than most other boards and the board without GPIO
is smaller yet.

The Radio-less node puts everything in one box and includes an adaption of
the Yaesu Microphone to overcome the problems with in mic. DTMF. It uses an
Arduino to convert Yaesu Mic. output to DTMF. It also includes an analog
devices mic compressor/limiter chip which is necessary when using direct
mic. input to an A/D. It makes a complete plug and play package with an
extremely powerful 60W rated Class D audio amplifier. Connect 12V,
Ethernet, and a speaker and you have a complete node. It can also be run
wireless  on 2.4 or 5G. This is ideal for mobile operation or sites where
RF might be undesirable such as an EOC. Again final price has not been set
yet and it will not be available until later in January. A preliminary
photo is attached. The final version will be in the same case but slightly
different layout.

Also shown is the "Yellow Box" node with the new FOB board and new layout.

Final photos, prices and specs will be available soon.