[arm-allstar] Server & nodes

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:22:36 EST 2018

I generally do it with multiple servers and one node per. The limitation is
not nodes but rather radio (USB) nodes per server. More than two on a
server that are all busy can lead to audio problems so we don't recommend
more than two tied to USB. It is also a redundancy issue if you had all
your nodes on one server they would all go down due to one point of
failure, software, hardware or power.  Maintaining them is also easier
since all of the rpt.conf stanzas apply to just one node.  That being said
it is your choice understanding the pitfalls. If you only have two nodes
and you are not running a hub with multiple direct connections then one
server would work fine.