[arm-allstar] Android IAXRpt and supermon solution

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Aug 30 23:17:30 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

For those users with Android IAXRpt who can't get their connections to
show up in Supermon or work properly, here is a solution. These changes
are in Asterisk config files, only.

First, take a look at the attached screenshot from IAXRpt on my Android
phone. These are the settings for one of the "Accounts." Note the
Hostname, Username, Password, CallerID and Node settings.

The "Hostname" is the IP address / domain URL of the node you're trying to
connect to.

Now, in the file /etc/asterisk/iax.conf:

[joe-bobs-account]		;;; The stanza is the "Username" from IAXRpt
type=friend
context=android-iaxrpt
host=dynamic
auth=md5
secret=squirrelpower33		;;; The "Password" from IAXRpt
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
transfer=no
calltokenoptional=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
requirecalltoken=no

And, the file /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:

[android-iaxrpt]                ;;; Stanza is the context from iax.conf
exten => 1998,1,Answer		;;; The "Node" from IAXRpt is 1998
exten => 1998,n,Playback,rpt/node
exten => 1998,n,Playback,digits/1
exten => 1998,n,Playback,digits/9
exten => 1998,n,Playback,digits/9
exten => 1998,n,Playback,digits/8
exten => 1998,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=0)
exten => 1998,n,Rpt,1998|P|${CALLERID(name)} ;;; The "CallerID" from IAXRpt

.....So, with these stanzas, and the CallerID in IAXRpt set to "KB4FXC",
Supermon will display the "NODE" as "KB4FXC"....

That's it...I'll check out Zoiper, etc., next.