[arm-allstar] APRS

Danny K5CG k5cg at hamoperator.org
Sun Aug 19 23:13:10 EDT 2018

If you have the opportunity to transmit your APRS packet out to RF either directly or indirectly, please update your comment to follow the APRS Spec for QSY format.

from
comment = AllStar Node 46738 Monitor 443.875 pl 110.9

comment = 443.875MHz C110 AllStar Node 46738
^ if you are using CTCSS encode and decode

or

comment = 443.875MHz T110 AllStar Node 46738
^ if you are using PL decode only

Passers by with mobile radios equipped to decode this can then push a TUNE button and QSY to your repeater instantly. If you are only pushing to APRSIS then it doesn't matter because mobile radios out in the wild will never hear it.

Danny
K5CG