[arm-allstar] Notice of Allstar problems and how to diagnose

Danny K5CG k5cg at hamoperator.org
Sun Aug 12 23:18:19 EDT 2018

"The problem is that some routers in fact many (it is about 700 in the current list) do not report proper ports"

And it isn't a "problem" with the routers, or proper ports, per sé. The problem is that ASL is now relying on the false assumption that the "proper port" is the one from the source. BAD DOG!

I'm frankly surprised there aren't more nodes affected.

My node is one of the affected, but I'm not making any changes to my router. I'll wait for a proper solution which is universal and robust.

Danny
K5CG