[arm-allstar] CTCSS

Luc Drolet VE2LUQ ldrolet at cgocable.ca
Sun Aug 12 09:51:55 EDT 2018

Hello Doug,

OK, I always use Carrierfrom = USB INVERT
and for the CTCSS all my repeater has a tone, except the one I work
and if I understand correctly CTCSSFROM must be a USB

and now I have to put my TONE 100 Hz in asterisk
to decode 100Hz to Rx and encode 100Hz in TX

I will do this test

below you now have my file
simpleusb.conf

Thank you
73’s
Luc
VE2LUQ

;
; SimpleUSB configuration
;
; Shown for two nodes. Second node commented out.
;
[general]

[usb]

eeprom=0

rxboost=1  ; 0 = 20db attenuator inserted, 1= 20db attenuator removed
                  ; Set to 1 for additonal gain if using a low-level receiver output

carrierfrom=usbinvert ; no,usb,usbinvert
                  ; no - no carrier detection at all
                  ; usb - from the COR line on the modified USB sound fob
                  ; usbinvert - from the inverted COR line on the modified USB sound fob

ctcssfrom=usb ; no,usb,usbinvert
                  ; no - CTCSS decoding, system will be carrier squelch
                  ; usb - CTCSS decoding using input from USB FOB
                  ; usbinvert - from the inverted CTCSS line on the modified USB sound fob

invertptt=0  ; Invert PTT 0 = ground to transmit, 1 = open to transmit
                  ; This is the collector lead of the 2n4401 on the modified
                  ; usb sound fob.
                  ; please refer to the howto for the procedure to do this.

; Only uncomment following two lines if necessary for your installation

plfilter=yes           ; enable PL filter

;deemphasis=yes        ; enable de-emphasis (input from discriminator)
;preemphasis=yes  ; enable pre-emphasis (output to TX)

;rxaudiodelay=0        ; rx audio delay for squelch tail elimination. Valid values
                        ; from 0-24 in 20ms increments. Typical values 5-10

; Uncomment and configure following lines for second USB node

> Le 12 août 2018 à 08:32, Luc Drolet VE2LUQ via arm-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> a écrit :
>
> Good Morning Doug,
>
> OK, I'll do a test this week
> I am happy to use the # 48 pin which is easier to solder
> I was afraid you would ask us to take the pin # 39
>
> OK, yes I'm going to look at V (view) to see the real time cos
>
> Thanks for the PDF too
>
> A very big thank you for your help
> I learn and share information in my sector
>
> Have a good day
>
> 73's
> Luc
> VE2LUQ
>
>> Le 11 août 2018 à 23:16, Doug Crompton via arm-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> a écrit :
>>
>> Luc,
>>
>> Yes, pin 48 is the pin to use. This is labeled COS but don't be confused
>> that is the typical pin to use when decoding PL from a radio. It is just a
>> GPIO pin read by the software to indication a true PL from the radio. There
>> is a modification howto on the hamvoip website and here is a link to it -
>>
>> https://hamvoip.org/hamradio/usb_fob_simple_modification/
>>
>> The setup in hamvoip SW is easy. Just ssh in, go to the menu, then
>> simpleusb-tune-menu selection. Then select item J COS setup. There you can
>> select usb if it is high when RX is receiving or usbinvert if it is low
>> when receiving.
>>
>> Don't be confused by the COS and CTCSS designations. They are just GPIO
>> pins. When you only use one the correct one to use is COS regardless of
>> whether this is a dquelch or PL input.
>>
>> Also take advantage of the V (view) option to see in realtime the state of
>> COS.
>>

>> *73 Doug*
>>
>> *WA3DSP*
>>
>> *http://www.crompton.com/hamradio <http://www.crompton.com/hamradio>*
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 8:53 PM, "Luc Drolet VE2LUQ via arm-allstar" <
>> arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I have 2 radios and I want to do a repeater with a cm108 and a rasperry Pi
>>> Allstar.
>>> And if I want the CTCSS to be by the Raspberry Pi and not the radios.
>>>
>>> My questioning, should I still use the CM108 pin 48 as CTCSS with the
>>> BAT43 diode?
>>> and how do I configure asterisk to decode the CTCSS recipe and encode the
>>> CTCSS transmission of this repeater
>>>
>>> Thank you and good evening
>>>
>>> 73’s
>>> Luc