[arm-allstar] I think I found a new BF-888s board, need help finding COS

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 12:57:20 EDT 2018

Andy,

  There have been many iterations of the 888 but in all cases they retain
the 8 pin chip where COS is picked up. I am attaching a photo from the
howtos at hamvoip.org showing the chip. There are two 8 pin chips and part
numbers are often hard to find. One of them is the spot - pin 1. Placement
of the chips changes so you will need to check which one it is. The COS
goes high on signal - 0V no signal, >2.5V signal.  If you cannot find a
connection on the circuit side you will have to remove the board to get to
the chip. Info on doing that is in the howto.