[arm-allstar] CTCSS during tail messages?

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Apr 27 09:47:06 EST 2018

This can be a complex problem to solve. Some wide-coverage repeaters I
manage have a similar problem.  Here are some questions:

Does the distant repeater require RX CTCSS, or is it just carrier
squelch??

What type of RX is on your repeater?

What type of CTCSS decoder are you using now?

In my situation, the distant repeater frequently does not have RX CTCSS
enabled, making an annoying situation for me. Most CTCSS decoders include
a short hysteresis period by design, so that weak signals where CTCSS may
not continually decode don't get chopped up. This makes the situation even
more complex when there is an interfering signal like you're describing.

73, David KB4FXC