[arm-allstar] 1KHZ whine

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 01:18:16 EST 2018

Just to carry my original comments about switching or digital noise a
little further there was just an incident with a user who had an audio note
on his signal that would slowly go from a keyup note of about 2khz down in
frequency to out of the audio range over a period of about 30-60 seconds.
It turned out he was using two of the small board switching modules, one to
power the Pi and one to power the radio. The switching frequencies which
are not crystal controlled were mixing and the difference was in the audio
range. Simply changing out one of the supplies to another manufacturer
solved the problem. So you can see that although we have vastly more
efficient supplies today there are many other problems we have to deal with.