[arm-allstar] Use a VPS service --was:vpn and port forarding

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat Apr 21 16:36:02 EST 2018

One simple solution is to use a VPS service as a VPN gateway. This
works very well, and comes complete with a static IPv4 address. One cost
effective VPS provider is here:  https://ipxcore.com/openvz-vps
...There are dozens of others.

Using OpenVPN as the VPN software and some simple iptables rules on the
VPS end, you could tunnel many dynamically changing endpoints through only
one VPS,  making this method extremely cost effective.

BTW, I know this works---I do it now, and have used this method for years!

73, David KB4FXC