[arm-allstar] Two Node System - One node connects, second node does not.

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:14:14 EST 2018

Randy,

  I fixed the problem on your server but I also wanted to let others know
how this was resolved. I tried to call you on your node but you were not
around. You made a mistake that others might make also and I wanted to show
others how this was resolved in case they have the same problem.

Every node defined in rpt.conf needs to have a functions stanza (and all
others shown below) so the commands on that node are defined. Typically we
use stanza's of the first node for all nodes but you can use a separate
stanza for each node and define them separately.

In your case you created a second node to replace node 1999 but you also
renamed all the mapping to the second node and they did not exist. Below is
what I did. I changed all of the mappings in the node 28706 node to point
to the 28705 node since you had not created any new ones for 28706. If you
do in fact want different functions, macros, wait times etc. for these two
nodes then you would have to define a new stanza with the new commands
like  [functions=finctions28706]  etc.

; Context mapping

controlstates=controlstates
                                ; Defines groups of control operator
commands
                                ; to be executed all at once. Can be
combined
                                ; with macros to allow changes to a nodes
                                ; operating mode to be made quickly.

scheduler=schedule28705
                                ; Defines macros to be executed at a
specific
                                ; time and date. Uses a cron-like syntax

morse=morse28705
                                ; Contains definitions for morse code
messages.
                                ; One common morse stanza is shared across
                                ; multiple nodes

macro=macro28705
                                ; Defines DTMF macro sequences

functions=functions28705
                                ; Defines DTMF function digit sequences. A
                                ; function stanza has a reference to it
defined
                                ; inside a node stanza. Multiple function
stanzas
                                ; may be defined and used to provide
different
                                ; function lists for different sources
                                ; (radio.phone, and link)

phone_functions=functions28705
link_functions=functions28705

telemetry=telemetry
                                ; Contains definitions for telemetry tones
                                ; (courtesy tones, roger beeps, etc). A
telemetry
                                ; stanza has a reference to it defined
inside
                                ; a node stanza.

wait_times=wait-times28705
                                ; Contains time delays used to time audio
                                ; telemetry events

An easy way to do this when creating a second node is when you define the
first node in setup the second 1999 node gets all these defined as the
first node. Then when you come along later and change all 1999 to the new
second node number it will not change the mappings for the second node as
they have already been changed. Using nano with the "control \"  option
makes this easy.

Also remember whenever you change anything in the config files you need to
either reload them or restart asterisk.