[arm-allstar] *71 not disconnecting all nodes

Don Backstrom - AA7AU z-armallstar at deliberate.net
Mon Apr 2 12:31:23 EST 2018

On Mon 02-Apr-18 10:01, "Michael Staggs via arm-allstar" wrote:
> Thanks. I'll try that. In allstarlink under my node it said 71. I'll try it
> this evening though

	To pick a nit, obviously "×71" won't work for *71. Kevin had the
answer: Use *76 that disconnects all nodes from your node

	To disconnect from the last node connected to, try this standard
command: *10 - try that one out. (node "0" is a special case)

	Of course, it depends on how you have *your* "rpt.conf" settings setup
in that node's stanza. Look first in the node stanza for [99999]
	functions=functions99999 (where 99999 is your node#)
and then towards the bottom, find another another stanza called
	[functions99999]
to locate your DTMF commands and in-line documentation for each.

	Even if you don't want to edit the file yourself, having a print out of
that command section can be a very helpful tool.

	One of the great features of this setup is that *you* can change all
these "parameters" in those configuration files to suit your needs. One
of the *problems* of this setup is that ... you can change all these
"parameters" ... and no longer be "standardized" and/or become very
confused.

	For instance, I enabled the "shutdown" command for my portable node,
however I changed it to a non-standard, hopefully difficult to guess
and/or typo, command.

	Have fun,

	- Don - AA7AU

ps: helpful hint - do NOT use the *75 play full system status command
when connected, directly or indirectly, to a large group of other nodes.