[arm-allstar] Online Forum

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 18:32:54 EST 2017

I will take your questions or comments one at a time -

This forum works quite well  and there is no reason to start anything else.

The TTS howto is still valid but the audio_convert script is ot in V1.5  I
will have to try and dig that up and see if I can get it back in. The sox
command on the last page is a one liner to convert a .wav file to .ul for
Allstar play.
Create a wav file and run it through this conversion line. This is NOT text
to speech though it is just voice file conversion.For text to speech Linux
is light on good TTS. There are some online free and pay services with
limitations. There is no real good answer at this time. Flite is a download
but I don't think it sound that good.

hamvoip/hamvoip-flite 2.0.0-1
    Hamvoip release of Festival Lite for Arch Linux
hamvoip/hamvoip-flite-arctic-female-voices 1.0-1
    Hamvoip release of Festival Lite Arctic voices for Arch Linux
hamvoip/hamvoip-flite-arctic-male-voices 1.0-1

I will have to check the usb backup. I rarely use the backups any more as
it is so easy to backup to a PC or other computer and also so easy to
recreate and image if one fails as long as you have the config files.

I am not sure what you are asking about supermon. I will leave that up to
the author who listens here , Paul KN2R.

In the future please try to limit a message to one subject as the object of
any forum is to allow others to benefit from the discussion. If the subject
is not specific they won't know what is int he message unless they read it.