[arm-allstar] New playnews script

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:34:41 EST 2017

Richard,

 You could make a script that executed the play NOW - it would look like
this-

#!/bin/bash

/etc/asterisk/local/playnews/playnews-0.11 ARN|ARRL NOW <node> L|G

Of course just ARRL or ARN and <node> just the node number and L for local
play G for global.

This would be called by a function command in rpt.conf. Assuming the above
script  was in /etc/asterisk/local and the name was news.sh -

850=cmd,/etc/asterisk/local/news.sh

Then *850 would play the news

Preferably you also might be able to do it this way skipping the above
script. I think it would work but have not tested.

850=/etc/asterisk/local/playnews/playnews-0.11 ARN|ARRL NOW <node> L|G

Then to be more specific you could have one for ARRL and one for ARN. Lets
assume global play and node 40000.

850=/etc/asterisk/local/playnews/playnews-0.11 ARN NOW 40000 G
851=/etc/asterisk/local/playnews/playnews-0.11 ARRL NOW 40000 G

So *850 would play ARN and *851 ARN both globaly

BUT very important you would need to modify the playnews script commenting
one line shown below. Otherwise it would hang waiting for your response.

# wait for start time
echo "Waiting for start time"
while [ $(date +%H:%M) != $TIME ]; do sleep 1; done

else

echo "$NEWSTYPE news will start $TIME and use $MODE $MODETYPE mode on node
- $NODE"
echo -n "Press any key to start news..."
#read -n 1     <<<<< this line commented with #

fi

Also the setup time takes up to a minute so you will not get an immediate
response from the DTMF command, WAIT for it to start! Also once started you
will have no way of stopping it using DTMF. It will play through the entire
file.