[arm-allstar] Motorola GM340

Tony Ross ynotssor at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 20:39:30 EST 2017

On 09/15/2017 04:37 AM, "Rick Google via arm-allstar" wrote:
> Hi All,
> Can anyone help setup a node using RPI 2 modified USB fob and Motorola
> GM340. I have setup the software on the RPI and the USB fob is works
> the problem I have is in setting up the Motorola GM340 I cannot find
> any info on programming and on want programming cable and software I
> would need and also the pin-out on the back of the GM340.

You can find the GM340 information on repeater-builder.com via
http://preview.tinyurl.com/y7dq64vo

https://google.com/search?q=motorola+gm340+rss can locate the
programming software you need, and a programming cable such as
http://ebay.com/itm/8Pin-USB-Programming-Cable-RJ45-for-MOTOROLA-Radio-GM3188-GM3688-GM338-Black-/142017655072
works.

The Motorola software requires a slow CPU M$-DOS version, and we find
that "dosbox" works nicely from Linux, but "pacman -Qs dosbox" doesn't
return any results from the hamvoip distribution.

.