[arm-allstar] Raspberry Pi Asterisk not happy.

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Oct 23 15:51:10 EST 2017

Hi Ed,

I guess you're using the AllStar image from hamvoip.org? The hamvoip image
is significantly updated from the original ACID code and many original
scripts aren't present. The initial menus should get you mostly setup.

If you are running hamvoip, once you reboot from the initial setup, you
should have a menu when you log in, and additional setup is very easy.

Are you at a menu when you login via ssh?

73, David KB4FXC

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017, "Ed N3SDO via arm-allstar" wrote:

> Hi hams.
I am experienced with older x86 linux version of asterisk 3-4 yrs ago, pre dial, and this weekend I was trying to config a RPI2 with a usb rim-alinco and 220 mhz alinco mobile of another ham that was partially setup.

Bottom line, I failed. Found some online docs, but still could not get it configed properly.   It seemed some of the .sh files were not there, and something was clunked in the config files.  Unsure if this was an install that did not complete, or my inexperience with R-Pi.
So I'll throw out a series of questions:How do I determine what vers of Rasp OS I have?How do I determine what vers of Asterisk I have?How do I update/auto_update a stale version of asterisk?
How to determine what .cfg / .conf files get loaded by asterisk?
Is 'simpleusb123456b.conf' a loaded file, or one somebody saved as a backup copy?Where does asterisk report / log errors during initialization when it is missing a file or there is a syntax error in a cfg file?Is there a list of what scripts should be where, and when to use them?  Also to know what is missing, and where to get replacements?Docs describing the CLI and debug mode of asterisk?

Thanks!
Ed N3SDO