[arm-allstar] WiFi Static IP

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Tue Oct 3 09:47:10 EST 2017

Hi Klaus,

The AllStar software doesn't have a way to interface with the IRLP
hardware adapter. As you know, the IRLP boards provide 2 basic features:
an I/O interface for the radio and a hardware DTMF decoder.

For AllStar, the I/O interface is currently accomplished via GPIO pins
provided by the CM108* or CM119* USB sound chip. Other GPIO options are
currently in development.

All AllStar DTMF decoding is accomplished using DSP software which is
already part of the Asterisk PBX application. This DSP DTMF code offers
very good performance.

So, the IRLP hardware adapters become obsolete.

73, David KB4FXC

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017, "Klaus Rung via arm-allstar" wrote:

> Like I said, I am using about a dozen thin clients right now and it
would be nice to be able to switch over to this system using the same
hardware that is already in place. Could the irlp interface board be
re-used as the radio interface or is it too much work and a uri should be
used. Presently on this first Pii3 I have I have a URI interface but it
would be nice to re-purpose all those irlp cards. My final goal would be
to switch over all the present nodes to have all three systems available
in one pc.
Thanks for your work.
 Best regards, Klaus Rung, VE3KR