[arm-allstar] How does Allstarlink work?

Benjamin Naber Benjamin at Project23D.com
Tue Nov 28 22:02:14 EST 2017

I would like to know how allstarlink works. I could assume specific
questions, but I'd rather like to start from the top.

I'd like to know from an outside view of what the "DNS" system that has
been put into place, and if it is a hamvoip thing, or if it is a ASL
wide system.

I have the basic understanding of node registering, as the fundamental
IAX2 trunk linking is no different than two Asterisk boxes for a VoIP
system. There are, obviously, other things at play to make this system
of ours, work.

Why am I asking? Because I like to know how stuff works, so when I
bitch about something not working, I have a better understanding as to
why it does not work, and can ask more intelligent questions.

As entertaining as it may be, exclaiming: The damn thing doesn't work!
is not a good starting point to getting an issue resolved.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ