[arm-allstar] Trouble connecting to nodes at start up

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 11:09:35 EST 2017

Jim,

 The connect command will not take effect until you are registered and have
the valid nodes database. This can vary depending on many factors. The only
way around this at this point is to delay the connect. There are a number
of ways to do this but all would involve a script your would need to
create. Here is an easy example that does not involve messing with asterisk
config files (comment the startup_macro line in rpt.conf)  -

In /etc/asterisk/local  create this script named  start_connect.sh

cd /etc/asterisk/local

nano start_connect.sh

Add the following contents -

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10       # seconds to wait - can be changed up or down
/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun <yournode> *73<remotenode>"
# end of script

replace both yournode and remotenode with appropriate node numbers WITHOUT
the < or >
Additional connect lines can be entered.
Make this file executable -  chmod 750 start_connect.sh
Run this script manually to test

In the /etc/asterisk/local directory -  ./start_connect.sh

Call this script from rc.local -

#!/bin/bash
#
# rc.local file

# Starts Allstar

echo -1> /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us
/usr/local/etc/rc.allstar

/etc/asterisk/local/start_connect.sh      # add this line

exit 0