[arm-allstar] Trouble connecting to nodes at start up

James Hause hausejd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 09:56:25 EST 2017

Hi Doug,
Sorry for the confusion.  I am registered.  And I did do the checks you
suggested for Chris, and all seems good when I check.
I do have the rpt_extnodes file, and it does have the node in it that I
want to connect to, but it looks like the way I am trying to set up
start_up macro isn't correct, or not in the correct place in the rpt.conf
file.  Below I pasted section of the rpt.conf.   I have started the
Supermon program on my PC, and when I
reboot my Pi, I can see a very fast flash on the line where is shows
connected to, stating I believe connecting to, the node I have in my start
up macro, but then status back to no connections.
Section of my rpt.conf:
; The first node definition

[46738] ; Change this to your assigned node number

; Channel Driver settings
; Define a channel driver to use and which
; interface within that channel driver
; To define a radioless node use the
; psuedo channel driver - rxchannel=dahdi/pseudo
;rxchannel=Radio/usb46738
; Example usbradio channel driver
rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb
; Example simpleusb channel driver
;rxchannel=dahdi/pseudo
                                ; Example pseudo channel driver

; Repeater/Simplex node settings
; duplex=0 - Half duplex with no telemetry
; tones or hang time. Special Case: Full
; duplex if linktolink is set to yes.
; This mode is preferred when interfacing
; with an external multiport repeater controller.

; duplex=1 - Half duplex with telemetry tones
; and hang time. Does not repeat audio.
; This mode is preferred when interfacing a
; simplex node.

; duplex=2 - Full Duplex with telemetry tones
; and hang time. This mode is preferred when
; interfacing a repeater.

; duplex=3 - Full Duplex with telemetry tones
; and hang time, but no repeated audio.
; duplex=4 - Full Duplex with telemetry tones
; and hang time. Repeated audio only when the
; autopatch is down.
duplex=1

; Context mapping

controlstates=controlstates
; Defines groups of control operator commands
; to be executed all at once. Can be combined
; with macros to allow changes to a nodes
; operating mode to be made quickly.

scheduler=schedule46738
; Defines macros to be executed at a specific
; time and date. Uses a cron-like syntax

morse=morse46738
; Contains definitions for morse code messages.
; One common morse stanza is shared across
; multiple nodes

macro=macro46738
; Defines DTMF macro sequences

functions=functions46738
951=ilink,11 ; Permanent link disconnect
952=ilink,12 ; Permanent link receive
953=ilink,13 ; Permanent link transceive
; Defines DTMF function digit sequences. A
; function stanza has a reference to it defined
; inside a node stanza. Multiple function stanzas
; may be defined and used to provide different
; function lists for different sources
; (radio.phone, and link)

phone_functions=functions46738
link_functions=functions46738

telemetry=telemetry
; Contains definitions for telemetry tones
; (courtesy tones, roger beeps, etc). A telemetry
; stanza has a reference to it defined inside
; a node stanza.

macro=macro
startup_macro=*95343773 ; macro to run at startup (optional)

wait_times=wait-times46738
; Contains time delays used to time audio
; telemetry events

; Echolink settings