[arm-allstar] ctcss Tone Functionality

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Nov 9 23:59:27 EST 2017

Hi,

The scenario you're describing is typical operation for usbradio, I
believe. I don't believe there is any additional capability (e.g.: 151.4
keys only local, 71.9 keys all) currently implemented.

BTW, I'm not thoroughly familiar with the DSP "guts" of usbradio.

Anyone else got any ideas?

73, David KB4FXC

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017, "Michael Lee Lockwood via arm-allstar" wrote:

> Question regarding PL Tones:
>
> I'm using the RPi/URI with DSP to encode and decode ctcss tones on my
node repeaters.

> What I've found is that when using secondary encode/decode tones (not
the default tone) the repeater tail and courtesy tones aren't following
the ctcss tone they originated with. For example:

> Default tone is: 151.4
> Additional ctcss encode/decode tone is: 146.2
>
> When anyone keys up on 146.2, other users can hear if their receive
ctcss tone is programmed to 146.2 DURING the transmission. However, as
soon as they dekey, the tone changes to 151.4 immediately for the
repeater tail and courtesy tone. So the folks using 146.2 never hear the
tail or courtesy tone.

> Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it's supposed to function?
>
>  Additionally, is it possible to allow only certain ctcss tones to
broadcast over the linked nodes? Whereas other ctcss tones in
usbradio.conf would only key the local repeater?