[arm-allstar] General Internet Security --was: General Observation

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed May 17 16:48:49 EST 2017

​I just want to make it clear since some who don't understand any of this
may get alarmed about what is being discussed here that Allstar when used
in a normal manner with good passwords is a safe system. No you don't have
to add non root users and use sudo. Allstar has run the way it is for over
10 years and certainly there have been security enhancements over that time
and very few issues. Those that have occurred I am sure involved people
doing things beyond the normal and/or using poor passwords. As Dave said we
keep up with security issues. It is good to discuss these things but this
is not an internet security forum and when we get off on tangents that go
on and on and really don't directly have anything to do with Allstar people
tend to drop off the list unnecessarily. The recent and never ending
Windows security issues that probably brought this up initially  have
nothing to do with Linux or Allstar and in fact if more people used Linux
as their normal operating system the world would have a lot less computer
problems.
​