[arm-allstar] Allstar Automated - NWS Weather Alerts & Analogue Repeater Backbones

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed May 17 16:31:27 EST 2017

John,

Unfortunately duplex=0 turns off ALL telemetry which includes any voice
announcements. Duplex=0 and duplex=1 which does send telemetry are simplex
modes so changing from duplex=0 to duplex=2 might be your problem. 0 would
be simplex and not send telemetry, 2 would be duplex and send telemetry. In
duplex when the RX COS goes true it keys the PTT unlike simplex where it
does not. Did you really mean 2 or was it 1. If in fact you were using 2
try 1.

The rxondelay parameter in simpleusb.conf settable in simpleusb-tune-menu
is used to delay COS in 20ms increments to avoid ping-pong effects. You
might want to try that. Every situation will be different. If you go into
simpleusb-tune-menu and use the V commands you can see its effects while
keying a radio into your node. The COS input will show immediately and the
composite COS will delay by the rxondelay number times 20ms.