[arm-allstar] ARRL NewsLine - Allstar Automated Script

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue May 16 00:19:29 EST 2017

I am not sure what you are wanting? playnews downloads a high quality sound
file and plays it on Allstar. You can't get much better audio quality than
that on ham radio. I am not sure why you would want to play something
filtered through echolink when you can have it directly. If you just want
to stream the audio files for your own use on a computer you can go
directly to the ARN or ARRL websites to do that.

The definition of a "radio-less" node can mean two things. A node without a
radio or any local I/O device such as a hub or a node connected directly to
a microphone and speaker thus no radio.That type of "radio-less" node is
described in a howto at the hamvoip.org webite.