[arm-allstar] Permanent link failing

C B harvard5362 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 21:34:02 EST 2017

I do understand that a link failure cab be due to network issues, however in this case the 2 nodes are at the same site and on the same HP 2920 switch, this switch is very low in usage thus as this is not utilizing but only the HP switch for connectivity as both nodes are on private ip addresses and have the proper entries in rpt.conf to talk directly without the router. the nodes are on a intranet (10.0.1.X network) with no routing needed to talk to each other as they are all on the same sub net.
Network drops seem to be handled OK most of the time as they retry until they disconnect.
this seems to be a different issue as asterisk seems to think that there is a connection ans thus does not retry it.
I am using the provided settings in iax.conf by the setup program.

as there is no internet connection to outside nodes in this case and all nodes connected are PI3 with hamvoip software thus it is unlikely that there would be trans-coding.
connections to the outside the intranet (10.0.1.X network) are downstream thru a DIAL installation running on a HP XW8600 workstation
here is the output of iax2 show channels.
IAX2/10.0.1.22:4568-2264     10.0.1.22        radio       02264/01440  00188/00152  00043ms  0000ms  0040ms  g726aa  Tx:NEW      Tx:ACK1 active IAX channel

here is a sample ping
OAT-6M*CLI>[root at OAT-6M asterisk]# ping 10.0.1.22PING 10.0.1.22 (10.0.1.22) 56(84) bytes of data.64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.339 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.319 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.390 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.353 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=0.313 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=0.315 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=7 ttl=64 time=0.328 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=8 ttl=64 time=0.315 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=9 ttl=64 time=0.311 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=10 ttl=64 time=0.315 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=11 ttl=64 time=0.351 ms64 bytes from 10.0.1.22: icmp_seq=12 ttl=64 time=0.424 ms
Chris