[arm-allstar] Echolink Conferences

dan at ozment.net dan at ozment.net
Tue Jun 13 07:50:01 EST 2017

Still working with Echolink on my repeater connected node, and I
wondered if someone could give me some advice on a direction.

I set up Echolink on the node as a "-L" node with the default Echolink
configuration (no conference mode).  I was able to connect to Echolink
from my phone, and it works well with two way audio between Echolink and
the RF side.

My plan was to connect our public "-R" node to that one from an external
source and let our users come in on the "-R" node.  It connects up
great.  Audio from Echolink is sent out over the repeater, but we don't
get audio from the repeater back to the Echolink "-R" node.  Any
thoughts as to why that would happen?

Another idea was to run the "-R" node from the Pi that is hosting
Allstar.  I would need to allow conference mode and up to 20 users
(although 5 to 10 is more realistic).  I'm using one of the later
versions of the Pi 2.   Could it handle both?

When we tried putting the "-R" node on the Allstar Pi we had mixed
results keeping three users connected.  I wonder if I was just
overpowering the Pi.

I realize I'm not providing much configuration info here so that folks
can help me diagnose what's going on.  At this point I'm trying to
decide on the best approach to get our main Echolink node (WB4QOJ-R)
successfully operational through our main Allstar node.

Thanks for any input.

73,

Dan

W4DTO