[arm-allstar] Baofeng UV82X

Clint (WB3EHB) wb3ehb at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 13:11:50 EST 2017

You are the BEST!
Thank You!

Clint WB3EHB

DMR ID.. 3134022

AllStar Node 27631

IRLP Node's 3740 & 4546
WB3EHB at yahoo.com

On Sunday, July 9, 2017, 1:56:21 AM EDT, Doug Crompton via arm-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:

Clint,

 You asked that question at a very appropriate time and yes the rumor is
true. I have just placed modification details for the Baofeng UV-82 on the
hamvoip,org web site. It is in the howto/hardware section.

and here is a direct link -

https://hamvoip.org/hamradio/UV82_mod/

We have not modified a UV-82X 2M/222 yet but the modes should be the same.
We have a couple on order but the UV82X is a discontinued product. R&L
still has some. The tri-band UV5 seems to be a replacement and we will be
mod'ing and doing a howto on that also.

This is a neat radio to modify. I think easier than the Baofeng 888. It is
dual band and somewhat better quality than the 888 albeit more expensive -
$25-$30. Don't be tempted to run it on high power though as it would not
stand up to the duty cycle on many Allstar nodes.

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 9:45 PM, "Clint (WB3EHB) via arm-allstar" <