[arm-allstar] Video example of rfi getting into fob, and my setup.

Steve Agee irlp8720 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 16:46:42 EST 2017

My observations:

#1 You say the duplexer is tuned to more than twice a normal split. So,
greater than 10 MHz? Does this duplexer spec out that far? Some of them
tell you 6 MHz or so maximum split, so be sure you are within
tolerances/specs of the duplexer.

#2 You are ramming +35 dbm or so of RF straight down the throat of your
FOB. I don't know of any of them that wouldn't shudder under that much
RF. Try wrapping it with some grounded aluminum foil. If it creates a
ground loop then try it without grounding (as a reflective shield only).
Now if it still happens 50 feet away out of the near field of the
device, then perhaps you would have an argument. Remember, the FOB is a
Part 15 or similar device.

N5ZUA