[arm-allstar] /var/log tmpfs problems

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 23:45:09 EST 2017

Jeremy,

   I am not familiar with munin but if you can select where the log goes
you can put it outside of a tmpfs
area if desired - say /root or some other directory you create. The reason
everything heavily written is tmpfs is wear on the SD card. It would not be
desirable to have things writing continually outside of a tmpfs.

Another choice you have which I use here is to mount a USB stick or a USB
hard drive. Then you can write there to your hearts content. I have a 32G
stick but you could use a 64G or even higher if you had that much data. At
least that will not wear the SD card unnecessarily.