[arm-allstar] multiple nodes on same public IP address

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 13:30:16 EST 2017

Chris,

 No limitation on ports that you would ever exceed!

For iax port I generally go down form 4569 - 8,7,6,5 etc. but you could go
the other way or use a completely different port. You need to avoid "well
known" ports generally ports 1000 and below but also ports within your own
LAN that are used. You also must set each servers port in iax.conf or in
the setup AND at allstarlink.org for that server. It defaults to 4569 when
you setup a server there.

For ssh ports again you can go up or down from 222 or use any other unused
ports in you LAN. Using different ssh ports is optional assuming you are
not port forwarding them. Within your own LAN you would address them by
there IP and they could all be port 222 if you wanted. Even if you wanted
to outside administer you only need to get to one from the outside so in
that case you would port forward one and come in on that and jump to the
others.