[arm-allstar] IRLP Sysops

Lee Woldanski ve7fet at tparc.org
Sun Jan 29 13:01:16 EST 2017

Not to start another flame war, but there are instances where this
functionality is useful, and does not involve interconnecting Allstar and
IRLP.

Case in point,  I want to replace my RLC-3 with an Allstar private node, so
I can deploy VOTER hardware to improve coverage.

Why do I want to kludge something together with extra hardware to migrate
my IRLP node in to the new setup, when it can all be done in software?

My Allstar nodes are private, as I merely want the controller
functionality. Therefore, there are no violations of the IRLP ToS.

If control ops can't be responsible and abide by the rules of the networks
they participate in, they deserve whatever they get.

Oh, and "the guy in Canada" isn't such a bad dude that he has been painted
to be. He has put countless hours in to helping out clubs locally and
around the world on his own dime, just like many of the rest of us.

Lee
VE7FET

On Jan 29, 2017 9:50 AM, KM6HK via arm-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org>
wrote:

This is a sure way to piss off the guy in Canada and get your $350 IRLP
setup turned into a brick worth $0..

> On Jan 28, 2017, at 6:48 PM, Doug Crompton via arm-allstar <
arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:

> The V1.5 has an IRLP package that I want to beta test. If you are a
CURRENT