[arm-allstar] perm link on startup

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Feb 24 14:31:59 EST 2017

Hi Greg,

Interesting. I've been trying to duplicate what's happening and haven't
found the problem, so far. For testing, I established a permanent
connection from my WiFi attached RPi3 test repeater (node 1211, on DSL) to
the public 2288 hub, on GigE fiber.

Then, I tried 2 scenarios:

1) I blocked all traffic to/from the RPi3 via a firewall rule on my main
router, simulating an Internet outage.

2) I powered-off the AP used to connect to the node 1211 RPi3. There is no
wired Ethernet connection, only WiFi on this node.

In both cases I left the node off-line for about 1 hour. When I removed
the firewall block or turned the AP back on, the connection to 2286 was
re-established within a few seconds...BUT, no registration had to occur.

I'll try these tests again with registered, public nodes at both ends.

73, David KB4FXC