[arm-allstar] Issue With My Second Node (43287)

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:35:44 EST 2017

Dan,

  When you have multiple nodes behind a LAN depending on the router they
may not connect. Reason is they all download the node list and they are
looking for each other on the public, not LAN, IP address. Some routers
know how to handle that other do not.

The answer is to put fixed routes in the node section of rpt.conf. Like a
lot of other things there's a howto for that at hamvoip.org!

https://www.hamvoip.org/multi-server%20howto.pdf

Since this is an older howto disregard that is refers to the BBB. This
applies to any Allstar node on a LAN. Pay attention to IP addresses and
ports when defining.