[arm-allstar] Kerchunk - OS Sound

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 16:24:27 EST 2017

OK now I understand what you re doing.

This is for everyone! You should *NEVER* disconnect a radio from a FOB or
turn off the radio when you are in a connected state. Turning off a radio
or disconnecting a radio from an active FOB will but the COS in an
unpredictable state. It usually stays high as there is a weak pullup in the
FOB BUT there is no guarantee and if you are using COS logic active high
(carrier from=usb) disconnecting it from a radio or turning off the radio
will most definitely hang the channel.

So bottom line *NEVER* turn off or disconnect a radio connected to a FOB if
you are connected somewhere. It will hang up the channel. V1.5 has a 5
minute COS timeout (settable) but it will still hang for that amount of
time.

The proper way to disengage the radio is to remove the USB connection to
the FOB. USB can be hot plugged. You do not need to turn off the power.
Just pull it out and there will be no problem. If you want to return to
operation just plug it back in. The FOB will reset and away you go.