[arm-allstar] registration woes

R Dahl ve6ars at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 23:44:27 EST 2017

Thanks for the suggestions Roger and Doug. All good

The confusion is because my lan has access to 3 gateways with public ip's
which are managed by 2 mikrotik routers, one of which is at one of the
(rtcm)repeater sites 30 miles away via wifi.  The multiple gateways(natted)
are handy for providing alternate methods to access the lan externally as
well as allowing different devices to use whichever as defined with routing
marks.  And yes, there is only one dhcp server.  The whole arrangement
works very well until asterisk is in the mix.

Curiously, I can do a traceroute from either server(2 rpi's) to the
registration server, and the proper gw's and ip's are used,  however
monitoring a friends node log shows connection requests as coming from one
of the others.  A year or two back, Tim Sawyer had suggested a mikrotik
specific fix for all this and it worked gloriously until recently when I
must have changed something I cant find.

I dont mean to belabour the list with mikrotik quirks so I am going to turn
off the redundant gateways and live with just one until I figure it out.
Might be arp related??