[arm-allstar] Second node

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:27:26 EST 2017

John,

  I could be wrong but I suspect what you did was manually edit the second
node. The setup howto on the web page explains how to do this.

The un-setup image at start has two nodes - 1998 and 1999. When you setup
your first node you overwrote 1998. 1999 remained.

When you setup a second node the easiest and safest way is to use nano to
change ALL occurrences of 1999 in rpt.conf and extensions.conf to the new
node number and also add a registration line in iax.conf.  The whole thing
takes just a few minutes.

If you manually do it you can make mistakes. One thing that I suspect is
causing your problem is that the:

scheduler=schedule1998
morse=morse1998
macro=macro1998
functions=functions1998
etc.

Were set to your first node at setup (1998 to new node). Then when you
edited the second node you changed these in that context to that node
number. Since there is only one set of these defined to your first node
then putting your second node number there in the second node definition
would mean they would not be mapped anywhere.

The normal convention is to set both nodes to the first nodes value in
these definitions. You can have dual definitions - like:

[functions40000]

[functions40001]

but most people don't need this. They use the same parameters for both
nodes.

So in this example the [functions=functions40000] (and all x=ynnnnn)
mappings would be the same in BOTH node definitions.

Hopefully you are following what I am saying. If this is the case you need
to change all the definitions in the second node to point to the first node
number.

This is an example using nano. Use cntl \ to enter search and replace.

[40000]

functions=functions40000

[1999]

functions-functions40000

[functions40000]

Search (to replace) [1998]: 1999
Replace with: 40001

 Replace this
instance?
 Y Yes           A All
 N No           ^C Cancel

select A for ALL

Result -

[40000]

functions=functions40000

[40001]

functions-functions40000

[functions40000]

So this shows how both node 40000 and 40001 use the [functions40000]
definition.