[arm-allstar] Autopatch - Autodial Script

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 23:45:23 EST 2017

Michael,

Asterisk's extension file has a great deal of capability much of which we
rarely use. While you can do some pretty fancy things there the simplest
way to do this if you have a list of known numbers you often dial is to use
macros to dial them. For instance -

[macro]
71=*615558881212#
72=*615552221212#
73=*615553331212#
74=*615554441212#
75=*615556661212#

While I have not tested this but assuming the autopatch at *61 was working
it should dial and connect the number. If a delay is needed it could be
done in a script.

In this example you would dial *571 and get number 555-888-1212, etc. If
you kept the number of macro digits to 1 then it would take just 3 digits
to dial the number otr the same as *61. Take the 7 leading digit away in
the above example you would dial *51 aand connect with 555-888-1212. Of
course if you needed to add a 1 before the number just add it.

Remember the [macro] examples in the rpt.conf file use single digits so you
should only use 2,3,4, etc digits for all the commands. Using 2 gives you
99 commands which should be enough in most cases.

Let me know if this works. If not I can give you other suggestions. I do
not use the patch and probably never will. Actually in the age of everyone
having a portable phone and access more than radio I am not sure why I
would ever need it.