[arm-allstar] Image update 12/10/17

Terry Bethlehem kd4ont at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 00:06:56 EST 2017

It will automount. Whatever the flash drive name is will show up in /media
with the ls command. If you want to make a specific folder, after you've
navigated and changed directories until you're on your flash drive, you
type "mkdir (directory name)".

You need to edit two commented out lines in your rpt.conf file in
/etc/asterisk with nano. Scroll down until you see audio something. I'm
doing this from memory.

After you remove the ; from the two lines, you need to enter the path to
your external drive in the line that is where the path goes. I removed the
example and put /media/256GB/dvr as my path. Your drive will be named
different. You need to check what your naming is before editing your
rpt.conf with nano.

Also, the info that was mentioned about 0 for off and 1 for on, it needs to
be changed to =1 for audio recording. You must also add a line with the
mentioned command after the two stanzas with the audio commented out lines.

The pi will create another folder on your drive with your node number. All
the files will be dumped there. They are time stamped to the second as
their file name. My 256GB flash drive is formatted in exfat. The pi sees
the files but windows 10 does not see them. I will attempt to put the flash
drive on my ubuntu machine tomorrow, to see if it sees the files created.
The pi sees them but windows doesn't. I don't know why yet.

I know this is not a good newbie howto, and I'm going all from memory on
how I finally got it to work. Also, if your flash drive has a distinctive
led flash pattern when it is idle, and when it is being accessed, my
samsung flash drive acted like it was idle, even though when I ssh into the
node, and did a ls command, wav files were piling up in the directory. Like
I said, I'll test tomorrow to see if the files are good, or even there, on
a Linux machine with a gui.