[arm-allstar] astdb.txt update?

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 22:22:31 EST 2017

Mal,

In the hamvoip code astdb is run from cron -

15 03 * * * cd /usr/local/sbin; ./astdb.php cron

This runs astdb.php in the /usr/local/sbin directory once a day at 3 AM
plus a 30 minute random offset. The random offset is so everyone does not
hit at the same time.

​The php script reads the database, appends the local private entries from
/etc/asterisk/local/privatenodes.txt, sorts the file and writes the
contents out.​

​The output is stored in /var/log/asterisk/astdb.txt  - ALL code wishing
access to the database should either link or directly reference this file.
Note that changes in the database would only get updated this one time a
3AM + ~30 minutes daily. If you want to see the update immediately after a
local change run the file manually.​