[arm-allstar] Node 45740 is no longer in the database

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat Aug 26 18:20:39 EST 2017

Hi Steve,

Ah, if the RPi time was very wrong, that will cause the stats server
nodelist failure message, I believe---I'll have to take a look at that
code to remind myself.

Also, the AllStar Registration is now showing a different IP address:

45470=radio at 66.159.41.113:45626/45470,66.159.41.113

If this isn't the IP address you're showing, that will keep you from
getting an updated nodelist....Is there any rogue NAT happening somewhere?

Whenever the client IP address changes, that can cause Registration woes,
too. There have been many cases reported where nodes were registered and
suddenly they aren't registered and can't seem to register. Most of these
cases have been due to IP address changes. And, for whatever reason, this
breaks registration. If this scenario happens, the best solution I've
found to this is just to leave the node completely off-line for a period
of time (10 minutes should be more than plenty)...Then, bring the node
back on-line. Most of the time all is okay at that point.

73, David KB4FXC

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017, "ssedgwick via arm-allstar" wrote:

> Doug, thanks for your reply, I’ll try to answer your questions:

When you say it exists and is not updating what is the files time
stamp?Well, there was a problem, the date and time on the pi was way off.
I don't know why it was off.  I reset both the date and time earlier
today.  Bottom line, the file has not changed So let me confirm - the
iax2 show registry is showing registered correct?

This is what is shown:
Host                  dnsmgr  Username    Perceived             Refresh  State
67.215.233.178:4569   Y       45740       69.89.182.210:4569         60  Registered

Also is this a wired connection or wireless. If wireless what provider are
you using.

Internet is via wired Ethernet connection...

In either case are you able to  'ping nodes1.allstarlink.org'   You can
also try 2,3, and 4. They may not all respond but you should get at least
one or two.  If you are not seeing this you may have a DNS problem.I was not able to ping any of these 4, but I could ping www.google.comSteve_WB8GRS