[arm-allstar] Weard Windows 10

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Aug 16 02:47:15 EST 2017

Hi,

Well, Win10 itself obviously won't generate RFI.  However, there are
possible situations where a PC can generate nasty RFI due to how the OS is
utilizing the hardware. One scenario is where you have a RFI noisy video
card in the PC.  I know of an installation many years ago where "upgraded"
computers partly knocked a municipal airport's communications off the air
due to crazy noise from the VGA video cards! As part of the upgrade, the
video cards got switched to a higher resolution, generating VHF spurs in a
very bad spot!

So, check all the peripherals plugged into the PC as a first step. And,
check the PC power supply, etc.

73, David KB4FXC